WELCOME - The 2016 Competition is here!
Join us in Auckland 9th-11th September.
Welcome to the 2016 New Zealand Secondary Students' Brass Musician of the Year. In 2016 we are delighted to bring you an improved format which will give all entrants the chance to perform both pieces on the first day (rather than one as was the case in 2015) before the finalists are chosen. Hosted by Dalewool Auckland Brass, finalists will perform with both piano and band accompaniment over a weekend of competition, musical comradeship and the opportunity to be judged the 2016 New Zealand Secondary Students' Brass Musician of the Year.
- To promote the playing of brass instruments amongst secondary school students.
- To provide both orchestral and band players the opportunity to perform with one of the New Zealand’s top brass bands.
- To establish a brass competition that is on an equal footing to other prestigious events such as:
- The Ronisch Piano Competition
- The New Zealand Aria
- To encourage motivation in being able to prepare a solo performance at a national level. The process will greatly reward brass players as part of their NCEA, CIE, IB, ABRSM, and Trinity College examination preparations.
- To create a fun occasion by providing a platform for family, friends and communities to support and meet each other over a weekend of quality music making.